domingo, 1 de julio de 2012

CHILDREN OF THE COALFIELDS:THE COURTYARD



In/ our/ miner’s/ home/
There/ is/ a/ great/ fuss!/
Because/ Mr. / Rajoy/
After/ didn’t/ look.../
Squeeze/ and/ squeeze/
You/ must/ do/ it!/
If/ you/ have/ lunch/
There/ is/ no/ more/ to/ eat!/

This/ is/ my/ region/
Is/ my/ school/
Is/ my/ prayer/     (bis)
Are/ my/ roots/


My/ family/ my/ future/
We/ are/ children/ of/ the/ coal!/

In/ every / miner’s/ pocket/
Money/ is /always/ soot!/
Without/ subsidies/
The/ economy/ kaput!/

Stretch/ and/ stretch/
Be/ sure/ you/ do.../
If/ you/ don’t/ pay/ the/ light/
You/ can/ not/ cook!/

Nothing/ for/ beans/
Neither/ for/sausages/
Nor/ for/ pudding/                   (bis)
Not/ for/ ham/
The/ stew/ instead/ of/ in/ pan/
In/ a/ dipper/ it /will/ come/


No/ chocolate!/ 
No/ bananas!/
No/ good/ meat!
No/  fresh/ fish.../

Away! / Away! /
That/ Mariano/ is/ coming/ again!/

* El patio de mi casa: My courtyard

María Evangelina Cobo Zaballa
Castro-Urdiales   (Cantabria)  1/7/2012